Tooth cleaning isn’t just about appearances. It’s the primary means of preventing and treating periodontal (gum) disease. Many studies have demonstrated a possible link between periodontal health and overall (systemic) health — which means regular tooth cleaning may benefit not just your mouth, but your whole body.
It has numerous benefits:
- Less painful than using a traditional scaling tool. Less trauma will be experienced by your already sensitive gum tissue.
- More effective at removing tartar buildup than a manual scraper.
- The spray tip allows us to clean your teeth of debris as we work. The sprayer can administer water or an antibacterial agent.
- Surface stains can be removed in the process, giving your teeth a whiter sheen.
- You spend less time in the dentist chair. With a shorter appointment, less of your time is taken up.